Tuesday 18 September 2007

Modules I'm taking this year

Level 2 is all core (compulsory) modules:

PSY219 - Neuroscience
PSY239 - Psychological Research Methods
PSY249 - Developmental Psychology and Individual Differences
PSY259 - Psychological Concepts and Skills

These four last the entire academic year, then I also have:

PSY241 - Cognitive Psychology in the Autumn semester
PSY242 - Social Psychology in the Spring semester

You may notice that I like to colour-code. I find it helps me to remember things, despite not being a very visual sort of person.

When I did psychology A Level, I found it very helpful to revise using mind-maps and diagrams and colours, probably because I find it very difficult to work that way and deeper processing means better retention (Craik and Lockhart, 1972).

No comments: